From the Inspiration Journal…

ptrainbowI’ve been keeping an “inspiration journal” for a few years now. Just quotes that I like with the date that I found them and where I found them. I’ve been thinking a lot about this one today, so I’ll share it w/you:

Always we hope
Someone else has the answer.
Some other place will be better,
Some other time
It will all turn out.

This is it.
No one else has the answer.
No other place will be better,
And it has already turned out.

At the center of your being you have the answer;
You know who you are and you know what you want.

There is no need
To run outside
For better seeing.

Nor to peer from a window.

Rather abide at
The center of your being;
For the more you leave it
The less you learn.

Search your heart
And see
The way to do
Is to be.

Lao Tzu, translater unknown.

6 Responses to “From the Inspiration Journal…”

1. Donna says:

I finally remembered to pull up your website today and came upon the wonderful inspirational poem and picture. Last week, coming home from the islands on the boat, I took a similar picture. Don’t know if I can attach it here but will try.

C:\Documents and Settings\Donna\My Documents\My Pictures\2009 Rendezvous\2009-07-08\just one day from the boat.jpg

I am having so much fun following your adventures! Donna

2. Brad says:

Sara, that is so beautiful, and so true. Stay in your center. It is beautiful there. Thank you.

3. Sara says:

Donna! Good to hear from you. Sounds as if you’ve been having lots of adventures, too. The picture didn’t make it, but that’s great that you saw some rainbow clouds- really a rare experience. Say hi to the gang when classes start up again!

Brad! Thanks for being such a constant commenter! It’s really encouraging to get comments (that aren’t spam from Russia.) Hope you’re having a good summer. Love to the CC bunch.

4. Brad says:

Sara, I’m out of town right now but will be at the CC on Friday and I’ll give them your love. Several of them say that they follow your blog – don’t know why they don’t comment. They (we) miss you!

5. Patricia Cummings says:

Hey Sara….glad to see you made it to the farm and are documenting your adventures. Love this poem….*as I cut and paste*. Also liked the part about discovering you don’t really like jam…. Yeah..

6. Sara says:

Hi Patricia! So good to hear from you! I’d lost your email address & was going to call to get it. I’m having a lot of fun w/the blog; thanks for your encouragement!