TGIF 2

Palouse Falls, Eastern WA

Palouse Falls, Eastern WA

No, I’m not in Eastern WA- just like the photo. Seems to be how I’m feeling… Abundance springing out where it’s least expected.

Gosh, this has been a great month, but there’s not much posting going on. Honestly, I’m thinking of lots of great posts, but when it’s nearly 100 degrees & the humidity is nearly as high, I’m not sure if I’m walking or swimming. How hot is it? Well I can break a sweat playing Bejeweled.  And frankly, that’s about all I’m good for in this weather.

Thank goodness we had a major thunderstorm today, which was terrific, b/c there’s a lot of corn & tomatoes to be processed. I did make a huge vat of salsa fresca. Got a little crazy w/the jalapenos & Cain won’t even eat it, but we’re pouring it on everything (including mac & cheese.) Also I’m designing my panic room (more about that later.)

Anyway, here’s some fun Friday stuff (for Saturday.)

Some quotes from my guru, Yogi Berra (If you come to a fork in the road, take it.)

Favorite comedian, Steven Wright

For some reason, I’ve been really missing NW music. So listening to KEXP & sometimes di.fm (Thanks, Javantea!) I sure don’t consider myself a music geek, but the radio out here is pretty dismal. There’s a new station from DC that plays “Fresh New hits” & it’s like they have one Jason Mraz song & one Dave Matthews song (both from last year) and play them alternately.

Oh, if you liked Bridget Jones’s Diary etc, Helen Fielding has a new heroine: Olivia Joules.

8 Responses to “TGIF 2”

1. Deb says:

“I never said most of the things I said.” – YBerra

Wish I’d thought of that one…

Love the calm picture of the Palouse.

I can tell you that today is a big day on the Palouse – it’s Lentil Festival weekend. And moving into the dorms weekend at WSU. And “close down the street to work on it because it’s a big event and move – in weekend and we didn’t think to do it in the summer when there was no traffic, no kids and no crazy parents buying out the grocery stores so their youngin’ won’t starve…”

But the LOML is determined we’re going to wade through the Lentil Festival for the humongous “vat” of lentil chili.

As for branding – the event’s logo is a lentil with a happy face on it. Everywhere I go I’m being stalked by lentils (and you know I hate that…)

Happy day to you! (:

2. Sara says:

OMG- the Lentil Festival! I’ve actually been to that.
    Have to tell you- lentil chili is not weird. Lentil tuna surprise… now that’s weird. Lentil ice cream… well that scared even me.

3. Henry Werch says:

Ah, Steve Wright! I quote him often recalling that he said “I attended an art show featuring the works of young kids. All the pieces were displayed on refrigerator doors.” A break in traditional lentil fare can be had by cooking them with fragrent Indian spices, as you would daal. Your presence is missed. Stephanie says “Hi!”

4. Brad says:

Fava is, I think, a kind of lentil. How festive!

5. Sara says:

Hey, the gang;s all here! I guess I need to talk more about legumes… Sara’s legume blog.
    No, I haven’t had fava… I’m pretty sure it’s on the menu @ Costa’s, but I’m all about avgolemono & taramasalata. Oh, I know you guys are into restaurants- here’s a “secret” one- The Caspian Grill in the U district. It has a walnut/pomegranate chicken that’s out of this world.

Here’s a lentil curry recipe I keep saying I’m going to try: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Red-Lentil-Curry/Detail.aspx

So good to hear from you, Henry! I was just thinking about you the other day. Love to you & Stephanie (oh, and the reason there’s no picture of me is that I’m one of the most unphotogenic people on the planet. I don’t want to scare people away!)

My favorite Stephen Wright is his seashell collection, that he keeps on beaches all over the world.

6. Deb says:

Apparently when we went to visit the Lentil Festival, the LOML wanted to buy large quantities. Did he tell me that – why no. I just found that out TODAY.

I got a mix for “lentil chili” and “118 million bean soup” (or maybe that was 18 bean soup). I made the chili last night and it was a hit.

I (naturally) declined to participate. Eeeewwww… ice cream? BLECH.

7. Sara says:

Do you know, if you open a bank acct in Fairfield, WA, they give you 10# of lentils? Consider yourself warned.
    Stop taunting me, or I will post the Tuna Lentil Surprise recipe!

8. Deb says:

Dear God – 10 pounds? I’m NOT sharing that with the LOML.

Zipping on the taunting. I’m afeared of tuna surprises in any form…