So, after 2.5 months in San Miguel, it’s finally occurred to me that I might want to slow down. In fact, I need to, because this wkend, I have an intense 2-day workshop- Spacious Mind, Spacious Self and then next Friday, the San Miguel Writers’ Conference starts up. I’m signed up for the whole deal, from soup to nuts, so need to be in tiptop condition. Barbara Kingsolver is the keynote speaker, so yes, I’m a leeetle excited.
Today, I met some amigas after their yoga (I’ve been giving the ol’ knee a rest) for coffee, then went to the biblioteca & then to the posole place. Yes, it’s as good as advertised. I think I will just live on posole from here on out. Oh, and cafe de ollo (which means coffee cooked in a pot. Very strong & sweetened w/piloncillo, a raw sugar, and cinnamon.) Then home to the casita to relax, listening to Matt Darey at top volume.
Weekend link goodness:
- If your SUV never leaves the pavement…
- Nova Albion Steampunk Exhibition! Mar 12-14 in Emeryville, CA (I’m having one of those “i wish i were triplets” moments) Check out the Traders’ Concourse !
- Quiz: Are you addicted to technology? No, I will not be sharing my score.
- I like Centsational Girl. If I had a home, or an urge to decorate it, I would like her even more.
- Because you’re unique, just like everybody else.