One of my biggest finds this summer has been POUTINE! Pronounced poo-TSIN in Quebec. I’ve been trying it all over, from Seattle to New Hampshire. My favorite so far has been at Boomer’s Cafe in Stratford, ON. Basically, it’s french fries with gravy & cheese curds. Sounds simple, but done right, it can be divine.
I’ve seen a lot of variations on the theme, including Italian poutine (with red sauce) and sweet potato poutine (not sure what they use for gravy.) I’ve been experimenting myself, and so far my favorite is Mexican poutine. I make oven baked fries, top it with chorizo & cheddar cheese. Yummm…
Sorry I’ve been AWOL for a couple weeks. A certain señor has been visiting, and I’ve been showing him all the sights in beautiful PT & Seattle. I think he liked it, although the ferry waits were a bit frustrating. Part of life on the peninsula, though. It’s great hanging out with someone who likes good food as much as I do!
Here are some links to kick off your weekend!
- Best Condiments in the world! (I’d add Boss Man Hot Sauce from Louisiana, but can’t find a link- what are your faves?)
- Another case of “Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.”
- Pencil Crayon Jewelry– This is fabulous!
- Web Site Warning labels– What a great idea…
- Jellyfish– Who needs ’em?
- Looks like I missed International Minimalist Day. That’s ok, I’ve been celebrating all year. (and yes, I still use shampoo!)